Tuesday, June 9, 2009

On prayer

This is my Beloved, and this is my Friend. Song of Solomon 5:16
All bare Him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. Luke 4:22
What a wonderful Person with which I am able to commune. "There's a place that is wondrously fair...It glows with the light af His presence...'Tis the beautiful garden of prayer...I go with my burden and care...Just to learn from His lips words of comfort... In the beautiful garden of prayer...There my Saviour awaits, and He opens the gates to the beautiful garden of prayer..."
--Eleanor Allen Schroll
(This song was copyrighted in 1920.) I'm partial to the old ones usually.
"Prayer does not fit us for greater works; prayer is the greater work." Oswald Chambers
The chief objectives in prayer : to know Jesus, to learn His will, and to deliberately align myself with it.
"Prayers are heard in Heaven very much in proportion to our faith. Little faith will get very great mercies, but great faith still greater." --Charles H. Spurgeon
"I know that Thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from Thee."--Job 42:2
"I am not worthy of the least of all Thy mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant:..." Gen. 32:10
"...With him is an arm of flesh: but with us is the Lord our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words..." I Chron. 32:8
"Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto Thee." Psa. 143:8

Come to Him in the morning, trust Him, lift up your soul to Him that loves you and gave Himself for you. Our body makes us aware of the world around us, our soul makes us aware of our self, and our spirit makes us aware of God. "...Therefore glorify God in your body,and in your spirit, which are God's." I Cor. 6:20
"Nobody can pray right and live wrong and nobody can live wrong and pray right."

"God thundereth marvellously with His voice; great things doeth He, which we cannot comprehend." Job 37:5

What a great God! And He is my God, my Saviour, my Friend! I love communing with Him and meditating upon His word.









c

No comments:

Post a Comment