Tuesday, June 16, 2009

From my Mother's Day Sunday School Lesson

These are some things I read in S.S. on Mother's Day. Some are funny and some are serious. Hope you enjoy and get a blessing!

April 19, 1991 (from my journal): I just asked Autumn , age 4, where she got her blue eyes and she answered, "From Jesus!!!"
My prayer for Autumn that day was a bit naive but from the heart of a 29 year old mother: Thank You, Father, for giving her those beautiful blue eyes. May they never cloud over with impurity or shame and may they never shed tears over a hurt that could have been avoided had she listened to and obeyed You.

A prayer for Whitney ( age 6): Father, bless and strengthen Whitney. Use her for Thy glory. May the devil not deceive her, keep her pure and her future husband pure for her.

Mon., August 30, 1999:
Today Zachary is ten. It's also Mrs. Jimmie and Anita Carnes birthday.
Rachel (5) wanted to fix Zachary's breakfast for his birthday. He wanted cereal. She went in kitchen, got two bowls, let Z pick which one he wanted, went back in kitchen. I heard something hit the floor. "Don't wowwy (worry) Diane Wison, I'll get it." I had to smile. As she's putting in cereal and milk she's calling out, "Don't wowwy!!" She's knows I'm afraid she can't do it without spilling. But she did. What a sweet, kind sister to do this for her brother on his birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment