Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Have a Good Day!

What constitutes a good day? Store clerks tell us to have a good day. We say to others, "I had a good day", or we whine, "This just isn't my day!" We ask our friends and families, "How was your day?"
Is it a good day only if things go my way? Is it a good day only if the sun shines? Is it a good day only if no one crossed us or reproved us?
It can be a good day even if things don't go my way if I realize , "All things work together for good to them that love God..." (Romans 8:28)
It can be a good day even if it rains if I realize, "The Lord hath His way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet." (Nahum 1:3) He " sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." (Matthew 5:45)
It can be a good day if I learn from my mistakes and if reproof is needed learn from that and make necessary changes. (James 1:19,20; 4:6) "He that regardeth reproof shall be honored." (Proverbs 13:18)
This isn't my day anyway. "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)
Want to have a good day? It's up to you. As Dr. Robert Cook used to say,"Walk with the King today and be a blessing!"

HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!

2 comments: