Monday, July 13, 2009

What's Going On With Us


I thought I'd try and tell what's going on with us and stay as private as possible. I know many of my readers and many I don't. Each time I check my blog I am awed and excited to see how many pageviews and the new flags as they pop up. I appreciate that anyone would come here and read what I write and I am very pleasantly surprised that once you come you actually come back. Thanks to all of you. I am new to computers at all so I am not sure just how much info to put on here about my family and I.

My husband is an artist by trade. He has been in the rug and carpet design business for over 30 years. There are rugs he has designed in the White House, homes of Princes and Princesses, homes of country music singers, etc. But recently, with the economy like it is the job he has had for the 30 years laid him off. What we thought would be 2-3 weeks has turned into almost 3 months now. Thank God I have a husband willing to WORK and work he does. He janitors at night, is doing a mural for a little league team, and just now he is in Virginia and will be for several days inventorying convenience stores in the interest of theft management. When the economy gets bad the theft goes up so inventorying is needed more than ever. He doesn't particularly enjoy the job but bills have to be paid. Please help us pray that his old job picks back up or that he will be directed to the new job God would have for him.

Our oldest son and his wife and their new baby that you have read about on here are doing good. They just bought their first house. They are appreciating the room after a 1 bedroom apartment. They had Sunday dinner with us today. We had gorditas. They were pretty good but Ty and I left off the seasoning . The rest however had plenty of seasoning and Ranch. :)

Our oldest daughter is writing to a young man in Pennsylvania. She has waited and stayed pure in mind and deed so we are praying God's will be done. The courtship by mail and email is going good and to God be the glory both of them are very careful in what is said. She met this young man on a youth trip with our pastor and he has been able to come to Georgia to our campmeetings a few times. I am appreciative of them both being sensitive to God in every step they take in getting to know to each other better.

Our 22-year old daughter sang in a trio tonight with her twin sister friends. The youth choir backed them up . They sang ,"Waiting at the River". They did a really good job. God is so good. I was thinking as I sat in church how blessed I am to have all 6 of my children , my daughter-in-law ,and my grandaughter right there in church with me.

Our second son is 19 and right now works at a fast food restaurant while he is going to college studying Criminal Justice. He hopes to be in detective work someday. He is keeping his grades up and we are thankful for him and his diligence. When his dad is gone on these trips he and his sister also keep up the janitoring job. Autumn is assistant director at a daycare and is also lead teacher in the 2-year old room. She does a good job with these children and is even learning sign language to be able to communicate with a new special needs child. She loves her work and puts her heart into it.

Our 15 and 9 year old help Whitney (oldest daughter) in her home business of caring for children in our home. They are enjoying summer off from their homeschool studies and I am excited about school starting back for them in late August.

Well, this is just a little vignette into our lives. Jess and I are planning to go out next week and sell cookbooks to help fund our "free" trip to Pennsylvania next month. I can't wait see Amish country again. The last time I was there I was 15 so that was 33 years ago. We don't travel much...well, Ty does :) but hopefully soon things will be looking up and I just may have some travel stories to tell to you on here! Right now I am just enjoying writing. I love to write. And I love to read. I am reading a great book called "The Velvet Curtain" by Trudy Harvey Tait. It is about a girl who escapes the Iron Curtain to come to America and finds that liberty and popularity have their curtains as well. The addresses for Harvey Christian Publishers are:

British address:

P.O. Box 510, Cheadle

Stoke-on-Trent, ST10 2NQ


or in the U.S.:

3107 Hwy. 321

Hampton, TN. 37658





Don't forget if you want to order one of our church cookbooks the website is:

The pic with this post is all my family that is at home. Maybe I'll have one of Juston and family later.

No comments:

Post a Comment