Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The steps to happiness


Thursday night after church Bro. Ed took a group of us to the Rocky Steps in Philly. We also got to see the William Penn building and statue. MANY people were on the streets including prostitutes, etc. We all ran or walked up the steps in front of the art museum. We sang on the way. Ashley, Kirbie, and Autumn sang for us. It was a sweet time. It brought tears to my eyes as I thought of the many places my daughters could have been on this night had it not been for the Lord Jesus Christ in their lives. Here were these multitudes walking the streets, women selling themselves as if they were just an object, people searching for peace and happiness in drugs, alcohol, promiscuous behavior,etc. and here in our van were a happy, joyful, pure, group of young people singing praises to their Creator.


There is a statue of Rocky Balboa out front and beside the steps. At the top there is a set of footprints of "Rocky's" in the concrete. All this will burn up one day--only what's done for Christ will last. Only one life--'twill soon be past.

3 comments:

  1. I thought I remembered it being night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get me one of those angel boxes. STacy and I tried to watch that the other day and it just had too many bad words to get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was night and you know it!!:) That is a pic from Whitney going another year. If "Rocky" is not close captioned the angel box might not take out the language. I remember us muting it while watching but it may have been for some words that aren't always bad words --only when used in certain situations.

    ReplyDelete